- Noose aka The Silk Noose (Edmond T. Greville, 1948), Joseph Calleia & Carole Landis
- Joseph Calleia, dir. Charles Vidor & Glenn Ford take a break on the set of Gilda(1946)
- Joseph Calleia getting tough in Deadline at Dawn(Harold Clurman, 1946)
- After the Thin Man(W.S. Van Dyke, 1936)
- Looking swell! Promotional photo!
- Calleia & Glenn Ford in Gilda(Charles Vidor, 1946)
- Charlton Heston & Joseph Calleia in Touch of Evil (Orson Welles, 1958)
- Joseph Calleia as Pete Menzies in Touch of Evil (Orson Welles, 1958)
Today we wish a very happy birthday to the fantastic noir actor Joseph Calleia! Famous for such roles as Police Sergeant Pete Menzies in Touch of Evil and a variety of baddies and “tough guys,” Calleia originally began on the stage and broadway and was known to have preferred the stage to the screen. Born in Malta, Calleia has 62 credits to his name and worked with everyone from Rita Hayworth and Henry Silva to Alan Ladd and William Holden. While you may have seen his more well-known pieces such as The Glass Key or Gilda, it is well worth checking out many of his other works! Happy birthday Joseph!